AW900S FIPS 140-2 High Security 900 MHz Outdoor Wireless Ethernet Radio
The AW900S is designed for point-to-multipoint wireless networks that require FIPS 140-2 security to connect “fringe” IP devices such as access control readers, surveillance cameras or industrial command and control units. It may be configured as an Access Point master or a Subscriber Unit client. Each master can support up to 16 clients and multiple masters can be deployed in the same area.
Many government agencies and certain other industries are required to encrypt sensitive data with a method that conforms to NIST Standard FIPS 140-2. AvaLAN has developed a hardware encryption module that has been validated to FIPS 140-2 Level 2. We have incorporated this module within our wireless Ethernet radios to allow you to create a FIPS-validated secure private network.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated Data Security
- Totally separate USB interface for configuration of the encryption key and password
- Meets C1D2 for Hazardous Locations
- Rugged weatherproof cast aluminum outdoor package meets IP66 Standard for water and dust protection
- Remote diagnostics and link analysis with browser interface
- Does not require an FCC license to operate or install
- 12 non-overlapping RF channels with automatic or manual selection via browser interface
- High RF output power provides maximum foliage and/or wall penetration
- Line-of-sight range up to 40 miles with optional 15 dBi antennas